The Touchstone Jacket from Mountain Equipment (4seasons.de brings in the current issue a very sympathetic Company, and also the down Codex is not the lightest (670g, size M), but certainly the most thoughtful and comfortable fleece jacket I've ever had. A mixture of Polartec Thermal Pro, Powerstretch and 100 Micro, installed in the right places, guarantees cuddly warmth and freedom of movement, keeps even drizzling rain and then dries quickly.
One of the very pleasant details: the hood (unfortunately not adjustable) is decoupled from the collar and is also big enough to use with a helmet. The high-set pockets warm the cold fingers even when wearing a harness or backpack, and the long sleeves finish at the cuff clean and have an elastic loop on the inside for the thumb, so that when climbing nothing slips. Other standards such as 2-way zipper, two chest pockets, a small pocket on the left upper arm are of course available.
- Polartec® Thermal Pro®, Powerstretch® and 100 Micro intelligently installed: Powerstretch is elastic and installed under the arms and on the side trunk, the hood is made of pretty windproof 100 Micro.
- Active Cut allows for freedom of movement
- Flat seams that do not apply or rub anywhere
- Full-length two-way main zipper, with fleece to protect against chafing on the chin.
- Two large pockets that are also accessible with backpack or harness
- Two smaller breast pockets
- A small bag on the left upper arm
- elastic, inner sleeve cuffs with thumb loop
Overall convincing, neatly processed and, due to the thoughtful details, absolutely recommendable! The Touchstone is dimensionally stable even after a few washes, the material does not pill (does not form nodules) and is extremely dry again.