(Advertising) Did we make you hot on Microadventures? Then we start directly with the tips & tricks of Mr. Microadventure. Today: what do I actually need?
In short: keep it simple! You do not need much, so do not spend too much time wondering what to take with you. Not that the actual action, that is, the 'going out' comes too short in the face of all packing lists.
What you really need is something to keep you warm and dry during the night: a sleeping bag, a mattress and a bivouac sack. So you have everything to survive the night well.
The rest of your backpack can be filled with equipment to make the Microadventure more enjoyable:
- a flashlight so you can see something in the dark
- I always like a small stove, water and coffee with me - the coffee in the sunrise is just one of them
- Toiletries also include: dental care, deodorant, toilet paper
- If it gets cold, a cap and gloves
- If you want to make campfires and are allowed: a lighter and grill lighter.
- and of course what you want to eat. Chocolate for example 😉
- I already have one for inspiration Packing list for microadventurescreated.
There is only one principle: the less, the more adventure!
- compliance: Beach Ready! To the beach with Alastair Humphreys
- The Microadventure Backpack: Tips & Tricks for Microadventures by Alastair Humphreys
- Microadventures in autumn and rain protection: Autumn, a great time for microadventures
- Community, food and Campfire romance at Microadventures
- Interview with Mister Microadventure Alastair Humphreys
literature by Alastair Humphreys:
- Microadventures: Local Discoveries for Great Escapes*
- There Are Other Rivers: On Foot Across India by Alastair Humphreys*