Typically Exped: with a lot of Swiss understatement, they just build ingenious equipment. Awesome is also the backpack "Mountain Pro", Which was made here in the 40 liter version for the rough test. Developed together with mountain guides, reduced to a minimum, the alpine rucksack offers everything (and more) what a climbing and alpine touring backpack needs: weatherproof, light, well thought-out down to the last detail.
He is slim and light. Thoughtful down to the last detail he is too. Here is a list of the details that make life easier for climbers:
- A large, sealed lidded bag, with inside pocket and outside access with weatherproof zipper.
- The lid pocket can be closed with an innovative one-hand closure with 2 rapide hooks or optionally with a carabiner.
- Daisy chains for attachment options. Two slotted ice pick loops that also pick up telescopic stick tips.
- The backpack is virtually waterproof with PU-coated, water-repellent 420-D nylon fabric and taped seams.
- Detachable, thermoformed hip belt with variable position of hip belt buckle. Depending on your preference, the buckle can be moved either centrally, left or right on the hip belt.
- Double bottom section with 4 mm insert made of closed-cell foam for longevity and stability.
- High-quality, air-permeable shoulder straps that fit the body contour precisely and height-adjustable chest strap.
- Thermoformed back system that is slightly concave, therefore snug and wobble free fit.
- Light Gray Packsack-Innenbeschichtung provides contrast and good overview.
- Inside two practical suspension points for climbing hardy and two elastic loops for quick access to avalanche transceiver and shovel handle.
- A waterproof bag for documents.
Heavy and thickly padded belts are looked for in vain. The Mountain Pro is designed for absolute functionality. After many tours I do not want to miss him anymore. Even over 10 kilos of cargo, he puts away without complaint and is still portable.