First, we planned the famous Malerweg in the Elbe Sandstone Mountains. However, celebrities have the peculiarity of always being surrounded by admirers. That scared me off. Because on a hike (stupidly even in the holiday season), I would not have to fight for a place to stay. Or book ... nenene ... .gar not my thing. So I got with a friendly coworker of the forest district Saxonia further suggestions, how I could explore the national park. She recommended that to me Forest trail, a trekking path, which, however, will be signposted and prepared only in 2018. That sounds really adventurous and meets my taste exactly. So far, there were only a few test runs of bloggers, Kartogaphen, etc., whose reports I read in preparation. The path is only provisionally marked with a few orange dots and leads mostly on trails, forest trails and trails. The newcomers recommend a good sense of direction and also equipment that is sufficient for all Eventualitäten.
- A map with the marked Forststeig is only available in September 2017. Which is pretty stupid because I am traveling 2 weeks earlier. Thus, only the rough outline map of the forestry district of Saxony serves me as a basis: Forststeig_Karte_Routenfuehrung Quelle Sachsenforst
- Detailed maps (also laminated) are available from the cartographer Rolf Böhmwho gives me the tickets for Saxon Switzerland and the Bohemian section.
- My hiking equipment should be sufficient. In any case, I will get a water filter. Otherwise, we fill our 50-liter. Backpacks with the usual household:
- Bedroom: sleeping mat / tent / summer sleeping bag
- Kitchen: Cooker / Dishes / Food Notations / Swiss Army Knife
- Wardrobe: 2 short-sleeved / 1 long-sleeved merinoshirt / 2x underwear / 1 pair of socks / rainwear
- Bath: toothbrush / toothpaste / dental floss
- My best insurance and life insurance is H ... my companion par excellence, which I do not want to miss anymore. His commitment to accompany me is the main prize.
For the approximately 100 km long trekking route 4-5 days are recommended. Experience has shown that I always need a little longer and expect 6 days, which will turn out to be wise as always ...
Let's go day 1
- Forststeigführer: Hiking guide Forststeig Saxon Switzerland - Trekking in the Saxon-Bohemian Switzerland